Tuesday, July 16, 2013

VACATION IN CHICAGO....

Vacation is the time I look forward to each year.  My idea vacation is during the summer, where there is sun, surf and sand, but this year, we spent the day in Chicago, followed by a trip to Michigan.

I may have been born and raised country, but I turned out to be a city girl (oh, alright...a small town girl), but either way, I am so spell bound by the big cities.  That is why we went to Chicago.  Chicago has everything I love in a big city...tall buildings, bright lights, the hustle and bustle of busy people and....CHICAGO PIZZA!

The first thing I wanted to see was Millennium Park.  This park has tons of things for children and adults and the main feature at Millennium Park, was the Bean.  The Bean was a giant (you guessed it) shaped silver bean structure that drew hundreds of people to it.  It reflected everything around it, including buildings, people and the sky.  It was AWESOME!

The next thing we saw was the Crown Fountain.  This giant fountain spilled water over the top edge while several faces appeared on the front of the fountain.  Children were running and playing in the water it spilled onto the ground.  You don't see something like this often.

When my husband asked, "what do you wanna eat?", the first thing that came to my mind was Chicago Pizza.  I mean, come on, you can't leave Chicago without have the deep dish pizza!  We originally were going to try out Gino's East, but after we found out there was going to be an hour wait, we headed to Pizzeria Uno...and let me tell you, that was the best darn deep dish pizza I ever ate!

A medium deep dish fed three of us, with half the pizza left over (which we wasted, cause we were too full to eat anything else later that night).  Although we only spent a day in Chicago, it was one of the best trips we had since Vegas.

We are planning on another trip, in the near future, to Chicago and this time, staying longer.




No comments:

Post a Comment