Monday, January 5, 2015

Healthy Breakfast...or lunch

As we start of the New Year, many of us are focused on eating healthier and starting a new exercise program.  I, myself, have a hard time keeping New Year's resolutions, but instead of making resolutions, I've decided to set goals.  I've decided to take one day at a time, do the best I possibly can and don't beat myself up if I fall off the wagon.

I am a big fan of "The Kitchen".  "The Kitchen" is a show on the Food Network Channel that I watch faithfully, which shows you different recipes (healthy, holiday, easy, etc.). They have tips, tricks and answer questions and always end it with It's 5:00 somewhere, with a drink made by Geoffrey Zakarain.  Cast members include: Geoffrey Zakarain, Jeff Mauro, Katie Lee, Sunny Anderson and Marcela Valladolid.



Marcela made this easy and yummy looking avocado meal that can be for breakfast or lunch.  It's healthy, easy and gives you your protein, carb and good fats.  Here is what it consists of;

Whole Wheat bread - 1 slice toasted
avocado
juice of a lemon
boiled egg, sliced
drizzle of olive oil
sea salt
chia seeds

Now, I didn't have the Chia Seeds, but you can omit these if you don't have any.  First, toast your slice of bread. Next, cut the avocado in half, working around the pit. scoop out the flesh of the avocado and apply part of it to your tasted bread.  Season avocado with sea salt. Place your sliced boiled egg on top of the avocado and drizzle with a tiny bit of olive oil and juice of half a lemon.  Season a little more with sea salt if needed.

I tried this for breakfast, this morning, and it was WONDERFUL!


No comments:

Post a Comment