Thursday, March 5, 2015

Snowed In....OR NOT!

Ok, I love the snow, I love watching it fall from the sky and even the layers on the ground. What I don't like about all the snow is..GETTING STUCK!  So many vehicles in front, in the back and streets over were getting stuck in this mess, including me!  

I was one of the fortunate ones who had to go into work today.  Some of my co-workers are here...some are not.  It is totally dead today.  No one coming inside the bank, phones are barely, if any, ringing (which is perfectly fine with me)!  



Back to getting stuck.  My dear husband did not have to go into work today.  He went out to get the truck started and to make a pathway behind the truck, for easier exiting.  WRONG! Although we have a Ford F150, it is NOT a 4-wheel drive, hence; back end sliding.  I held my breath as he came close, several times, getting too close to my car as we were TRYING to back out of the driveway.



Needless to say, we got stuck in the middle of our street, didn't even make it out of driveway but two seconds before getting stuck.  Tires spinning, motor reved up and a lot of rocking back and forth.  What in the world were we thinking trying to get out in this deep snow.  Oh, and did I mention, we ended up with approximately 10-12 inches of snow...and that's not even counting the 1 to 2 feet snow drifts!


All in all, I'm just glad that everyone got everywhere safely.  I won't be driving home.  My husband is dedicated enough to come pick me up after work.  Too bad we can't close early!

HAVE A SAFE ONE OUT THERE PEOPLE! ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE THE ONES SNOWED IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment