Wednesday, May 17, 2017

A Spice That Will Remind You Of The French Quarters - French Quarters Cajun Rub

I've been to New Orleans many times.  It's a place I love to visit whenever I can and a place that has some of the best poboys, gumbo and cajun food around. Nothing beats the food that is in New Orleans and it's one of the first things I want to experience, when I visit.


What makes New Orleans food different is the blends of seasonings and the love that is put into creating these rich, flavorful dishes!  If you ever get the chance to visit New Orleans, take it!  I promise you, the food will NOT disappoint you. 

What about those who want to experience New Orleans food but just can't seem to make it down to the Big Easy?  Well, you can try to create some of the awesome foods by investing in different spices and searching for some of New Orleans recipes.  I've found tons of New Orleans recipes and have even tried a few.  If you are looking for a bbq rub or seasoning rub for your meats, you need to try this French Quarter Cajun Rub by Organic Living Spice Co Etsy Shop.


I applied a generous amount on some ribs this past weekend and it made the world of a difference in the taste.  The ribs ended up with a nice bark, yet still juicy and tender ribs.  This French Quarter Cajun Rub is not spicy, but has a Cajun flavor.  Most people think that Cajun is spicy, but it's not...it's just a certain style of cooking that adds a whole lot of flavor.



Organic Living Spice Co offers this French Quarter Cajun Rub in a 2 oz and 4 oz. package.  It has a blend of red pepper, chili powder, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, thyme, onion powder, bay, celery, peppercorn blend, coriander, sea salt and Vidalia Onion Sugar.

This rub was awesome on my ribs. What I did, was rub butter all over my ribs, sprinkle some rub on the meat and rubbed it in, wrapped in in some foil and let it rest in the fridge for at least an hour before grilling.  While grilling, I added more rub and then let it grill the rest of the way.


Organic Living Spice Co makes and uses their own garlic and onion powder. They dehydrate and grind the onions, peppers and garlic in house.  Each batch is made in small batches, to ensure freshness and flavor.

Organic Living Spice Co has 59 items in their Etsy Shop and they all are spices, herbs, rubs, seasonings and salts.  You will find everything from Chili Pepper Salt to Island Time Jerk Rub.  

Go check Organic Living Spice Co out and see what all they have to offer! I may just have to try out that Island Time Jerk Rub!

CONNECT WITH ORGANIC LIVING SPICE CO.
ORGANIC LIVING SPICE CO ETSY SHOP
FACEBOOK




***I may have received a complimentary product, in exchange, for my honest and unbiased review.  All opinions expressed are 100% my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment