Thursday, November 6, 2014

Acquiring High Value Coupons

Did you know, that you can acquire even more coupons by writing to your favorite brand companies?  Most of us get our coupons from either the Sunday paper inserts or from online (printable).  These are not the only ways to get coupons.  I occasionally will purchase coupons online, from Coupons Clipped Cheap and Klip2Save.  These sites usually have coupons that you can't normally get out of the Sunday paper (well, not everyone, due to certain coupons being available in certain areas).  BUT...Did you know...that by writing your favorite brand companies, you may receive coupons that may be valued HIGHER than what you normally will find?

I've been writing to companies, on and off, for about 2-3 years.  If I love their product (and sometimes if I have a problem) with their product, I write.  9 times out of 10, you will receive coupons that are DOLLARS OFF or sometimes, FREE!  Yes, I have received coupons in the mail, just by writing to these companies, for FREE products.  Let me explain....

One of the free product coupons I received was the Cascade Dishwasher tabs.  I used Cascade faithfully in my dishwasher and never had any really, major concerns or problems, until one day.  I opened my box of Cascade tabs and noticed that a lot of them were sticking together, some even tore while I was trying to get them apart.  I sent Cascade an online letter, a nice one, that I was a faithful user of their product, loved their product, but the last box I purchased, I had problems with and told them exactly what happened.  They apologized and sent me a coupon in the mail for a FREE Cascade product, ANY SIZE.  Well, of course I bought the largest size of Cascade I could get my hands on...a pretty good size tub.

You don't always have to send a complaint letter, most of my letters are compliment letters, stating how much I love their product, how much my family and I enjoy their product and sometimes, if it's the first time I've used their product, I would tell them that.  I NEVER ask for coupons while writing these letters.  WHY?  Because, I've found out, that if you write to a company and praise their products, they will more than likely turn around and send you HIGHER value coupons, sometimes for a FREE product.  This is what happened when I wrote to De Wafelbakker's.  I've never purchased their frozen pancake products until one day I decided to give them a try.  I loved not only the value of the product, but the quality and taste and even the packaging.  I let De Wafelbakker know this as well.  In return, they were so generous and sent me out at least 3 coupons for FREE De Wafelbakker pancakes!

Now, I'm not saying that this will happen to everyone, but I'm letting you in to how I receive a lot of my good coupons.  I just recently wrote De Wafelbakker's again and they are sending me more coupons, without me even asking for any!  I can't wait to see what I get!

BUT, you also have to remember, once you write to a company and either praise, complain or request coupons, they will have you on a mailing list for at least 6 months, so if you are trying to get more coupons or sending another compliment letter....wait at least 6 months before contacting that same company again.

Here are some of the companies I write to, that are pretty good about sending out higher value coupons:

These are just a few, that I can think of off the top of my head, that have sent really great coupons.

Don't forget to LIKE the companies Facebook pages of your favorite companies as well.  Some of them offer coupons ocassionally!


No comments:

Post a Comment