Friday, February 6, 2015

Meat Stuffed Manicotti

I LOVE pasta!  Any kind, any way, I love pasta!  I have been making this recipe for several years...maybe longer, and it's very simple.  It's stuffed Manicotti.  My stuffed Manicotti is very simple.  I have very picky eaters, and believe it or not, my husband nor my son, likes cheese!  I usually have two separate baking dishes...one for ones stuffed with meat and cheese and one with just meat.

Here is my version.  Feel free to change this up, make it your own.  I sometimes like stuffing my Manicotti with spinach as well.

Ingredients

1 box Manicotti pasta
1 can or jar spaghetti sauce
ground beef or ground sausage (you can also use ground turkey)
shredded Mozzarella or Cheddar cheese

*In a large pan, boil Manicotti as directed on package, but cook 5 minutes less.  You want your pasta al  dente' so your pasta won't fall apart when stuffing them later. Don't forget to salt your water!

*Drain Manicotti in strainer and allow to cool.  

*In same pan, brown your ground beef, sausage or turkey.  Drain the fat from it.  Add your spaghetti sauce    and mix well.  Reserve a little of the mixture to place on top of pasta.

*Begin stuffing each Manicotti with the mixture.  I like to use a small spoon, so as not to tear the pasta and to
  make it easier to get the filling in.

If you want to add cheese, add your remaining meat mixture on top of pasta...don't worry, it doesn't have to totally cover your pasta and then add your shredded cheese. 

Place your baking dish in the preheated oven and bake approximately 20 minutes or until top is bubbly.  The pasta is already cooked as well as the meat mixture.  You only need to leave it in the oven, long enough, to heat all the way through.




What are some of your favorite dishes?  What recipe would you like to see for Foodie Friday?



No comments:

Post a Comment