Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Sleepless in Southeast Missouri

I'm normally not a light sleeper, or so I didn't think so.  I normally go to bed around 8:30pm...yes, I know that's early, but I am usually up and at 'em at 4:30 in the morning.  I have no problem falling asleep, hardly ever, and I normally don't have trouble STAYING asleep, but last night was a different story.

I woke up, after hearing my front door open (which was my guest, who worked late last night).  Usually I just fall back to sleep within 10 minutes.  But then I heard the television.  Now, I can fall asleep in the living room, if I'm sleepy, with the t.v. on, but for some reason, at 1:00 - 2:00 am, that was not the case.  Maybe if the television couldn't have been heard, I probably could have fallen back asleep.  But my house isn't the most sound proof house either.

Then I heard a cell phone go off, at least 5 times.  That even made it worse.  Then the fridge's ice maker (someone getting crushed ice), then the microwave!  OMG!  Stop already!  No matter how much I tried and tried to go back to sleep, my body had other plans.  Then I heard my Pug and husband take turns snoring!  GIVE IT A REST ALREADY!  Then it was the trash truck at 2:45 am (yes, I heard this too!) 3:45 am, my husband's alarm goes off...time for him to get up for work.  Then I had to make a bathroom trip, 3:40 am.  My husband said he was going to go ahead and leave for work, so I could get some sleep....Guess what?  I've been awake since 12:00am...FAT CHANCE!  I was right.  Around 4:30 am, I finally decided to get up...couldn't go to sleep, anyhow.

For anyone who knows me, I am a very timely person.  That, meaning, I go to bed at 8:30, I sleep most throughout the night.  I may get up and use the bathroom around 1:00 am, but I instantly fall back asleep.  I get up around 4:30 am, start my blogging for about an hour.  Get dressed for work, usually takes 45 minutes.  Fix breakfast. Eat. Clean up my small mess. Load the dishwasher. If time permits, do another product review. 7:30 am, I'm out the door and headed to work (I'm normally at work 20 minutes early).

Does this exhaust you, hearing this?  Just think...I'm totally exhaused after only 3 1/2 hours of sleep.  Gonna make for a LONG day at work.  Coffee, here I come!!!





This is one of my pet peeves and things that make me wanna scream! What is yours?  I'd love to hear it!!!  Surely I'm not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment