Friday, December 26, 2014

Jack Templar Monster Hunter Book Review

Thanks to Jeff Gunhus, this book was more than what I expected.  Although I love Vampire movies, such as Vampire Diaries and The Originals, I didn't know what to expect when I received this book about monsters and monster hunting.

I will be the first to tell you, I don't normally read books about monsters, so I was a little hesitant in reading a book that is geared more toward kids and teenagers.  First off, this book is PERFECT for little boys and girls, who love monsters.  It has the perfect theme and the right language for kids...and I might add...adults as well.

I found myself wanting to read more about Jack Templar and how he would become a monster hunter at the age of 14 and how these monsters KNEW he would become a monster hunter.  Jack Templar noticed how his body started to change on his 14th birthday and that something big was about to happen.

Jack Templar was an orphan and barely remembered his parents.  He lived with his Aunt Sophie, who was like a second mother (and father) to him.  Jack comes across several people in this book, some friends, such as T-Rex and a little girl, Eva, who lets him in on who he is and what he will become.

These monsters crossed Jack Templar's path many times and it was never the same, nor a boring adventure.  Now, I don't want to spoil the ending of this book, but for all of you who have little monsters yourself, they would love this book!  It keeps you hooked with all the adventures that Jack Templar goes through.  This book is geared to those in middle school, pre-teens, teenagers and even adults.

I thoroughly loved reading this book, and it took me back to my younger years, when I used to read books to my son.  If you are interested in knowing what happens to Jack Templar and interested in all the monster hunting adventures that Jack goes through, you can grab this paperback at Amazon-Jack Templar Monster Hunter.


No comments:

Post a Comment