Monday, November 24, 2014

Thanksgiving Dinner...What's On Your Menu?






Thanksgiving, in our family, is about being with friends and family and being thankful for what we have.  This is the holiday, where we all eat, enjoy each others company and just chill with each other. Of course, the week before, I'm stressing over what I'm going to cook, how many people to feed and figuring out every ingredient that I'm going to need to make everything.

If you are the one responsible for cooking, you know how stressful it can get!  Tom like pecan pie, so gotta make that, Stephanie likes ham...not turkey, Nick likes green beans, but not green bean casserole...all of this can be overwhelming!

I've decided this year, that if anyone wants something on the menu, Asian Wrap & Roll  ...that I'm not planning on making, then they can bring what dish they want.  I've also decided, that I'm going to have to SLOW down, take my time, and not make Thanksgiving day/dinner, such a stressful event.  This is, after all, about being with friends and family, and when dinner gets done, it gets done.

A few things that I take care of myself is: Turkey, ham, garlic mashed potatoes, green beans, at least two pies, gravy, garlic bread or rolls and dressing.  This doesn't seem like a lot, but when you get to preparing everything, timing when certain things need to go into the oven or out on the grill, it can become a lot.  AND...whatever other side dishes are brought by other family members, that's just an added bonus!

I'm thankful for the family and friends that I have, that they are the reason why we can sit down and have a family get together, especially on this special day.  I vow, not to let this day stress me out.  After all...it IS about being with the ones you love and being thankful, that each day, they are here with us.

What is on your menu for Thanksgiving?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment