Friday, May 15, 2015

National BBQ Month Essentials

Although many of us BBQ throughout the summer months, May is the month that is considered the National BBQ Month.  With Memorial Day just right around the corner, many of us will be dusting our grills off to cook up some fabulous BBQ food.

Some of us will be grilling and BBQing up hot dogs and hamburgers, while others will be mastering their hands at ribs and pork steaks.  But not lets forget about the side items...Baked beans, grilled cabbage, potato salad...and the list goes on.

BUT....You can't have the perfect BBQ without the essentials.  What are the essentials?  How about the sauce?  What kind of sauce do you use?  Is it homemade or a certain specific sauce you buy, that you are faithful to and just can't do without.  What about seasonings? Aside from the sauce and seasonings, you will need tongs, spatulas, maybe an apron...What are your BBQ essentials?  

Everyone has their own twist and way of BBQing.  And everyone will think their BBQ is the best.  But, there is one company that is well known for offering men, all the essentials they need..Man Crates. “Man Crates" offers gifts for men, in wooden crates, that have to be opened with a crowbarYes... A crowbar!  

Whether it be football games, sports events or your National BBQ Month grill off, BBQing is very popular during the Spring, Summer and even Fall months.

Now, I will admit, I don't make my own BBQ sauce, mainly, because I'm in no competition, I'm not trying to win anything, except the approval of satisfaction from family.  I DO, however, doctor up store bought BBQ sauce with some brown sugar, a little mustard, cloves and finely chopped onions....YUMMO!



When I grill (or BBQ), I HAVE to have my cooking tongs.  No if's, and's or but's about it.  I don't want to pierce the meat with forks, while I'm cooking it.  And, although I don't have one, but need one really bad..AN APRON!  I have to be one of the messiest, not only at grilling, but cooking person I've ever seen! I also have to have a spray bottle of water nearby, just in case a fire flames up...but this hasn't happened since I've been using Grill Mats. And let's not forget the grilling gloves, we don't want burned fingers! And what's even better... a nice, cold beverage, while your doing your thing! Be it a cold brewsky or a glass of wine (my choice), you just have to have that drink in hand, while mastering your BBQ skills.

So, to sum it all up...Essentials Must Haves:
  • BBQ Sauce
  • Tongs
  • Water Bottle (to rid of flames)
  • Apron
  • Nice cold beverage
WHAT ARE YOUR BBQ MUST HAVES?  I'D LIKE TO HEAR THEM.

And while you're trying to think of your PERFECT essentials, check out some of these crates at Man Crates.








No comments:

Post a Comment